Friday 1 June 2012

Muuuuuuuuuuuum!




I couldn’t believe I was doing this.  And yet I still did.

Polynesian Princess and Little Warrior were in her room when the fighting started.  Then they started yelling out “Muuuuuuum!”, “Muuuuuuum!”.  I think I actually groaned.  Yet another little fight – probably the eleventy millionth one for the morning and it wasn’t even 7:30am.

The yelling continued.  “Muuuuuuuuuuuuum!”,  “Muuuuuuuuuuuuuum!”

Sing-song little voices rising at the beginning and ending somewhere mid-range.  More volume at the top, less volume at the bottom.

Repeat ad nauseum.
Second verse, same as the first.

And where was I?  Well I was on the throne!  I was ‘otherwise occupied’.  I was on the toilet for crying out loud!

And I thought “I’m not going to answer, maybe they’ll sort it out themselves”.  Stop laughing, I seriously thought that.

But as time ticked by, the yelling continued, and they wandered all over the house, into different rooms “Muuuuuuuuum”,  “Muuuuum”…

Sigh.

I remember when I was young, my Mum used to threaten to change her name because she got so sick of the sound of it.  Naturally, as a child you don’t understand that sentiment, but now I do.  Now, sitting on the toilet, and not answering my children, I got it.

Eventually they found me.  Well, you would expect that right?  I mean our house isn’t that big and I was literally a sitting duck.  Eventually that toilet door swung open and the two of them stood there, facing me, in all my glory.

PP: What are you doing?
Me: I’m on the toilet
PP: Well he got into my lip gloss and he even put it all over my chair!
Me: Yep
PP: And I can smell it all over him, Mum!
Me: Yep

Neither of them knew what to make of me at the moment, so they left me.  In peace.

On my throne.

Ahhhhhh.....THAT'S better :)



Free images from FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think :)