Wednesday 18 April 2012

The prodigal phone returns...


Sixteen days.  That’s how long it’s been since I’ve been without my iPhone.  And today I got the call.  THE call.  It’s ready for pick-up.  Squeeeeeeee!!!!!  For those out of the loop, my phone has been getting repaired after Little Warrior broke the screen.  You can read about my rant here.

But I now have a replacement phone and I'm a very happy Diva.  So after a quick sync with iTunes and a message or two to the Architect to find out our various passwords, I was back in business.

I want to send out a big thank-you to the two phones that got me through this difficult time.  The first (my old, old Dopod) died on me after about a week but the second (a $29 Samsung purchased at Australia Post) got me through the rest of the time sufficiently.  So thank-you.


I would have to say: the one thing annoying about waiting for a phone to be repaired/replaced is getting used to using a new (old) phone.  Waa Waa – yes, it’s a whinge and I know I’m very fortunate in many ways, but can I just say this?  Please?  Going backwards and trying to type texts the ole ye fashioned way was doing my head in!  I became a little (more) curt in my texts, and I apologise to some people who I have totally ignored in this time.  Communicating got all too hard sans my iPhone.  What’s that you say?  Why didn’t I just pick up the phone and call someone?

Eh?  What.  And actually communicate with somebody??  Pffft.  I don’t recall the last time I did that.

Oh wait.  Yes I do.  Last week I got a gift in the mail from a wonderful friend.  She posted me a copy of Julie & Julia.  She knows how much I love cooking and blogging, and she highly recommended this movie to me.  I had never seen the movie, but always had it in the back of my mind to watch it someday.  So it was with pure delight and happiness that I opened this package last week and there was a copy of the DVD from my friend.

That definitely calls for a telephone call.  A reach across the wires to contact somebody who thought of me, and thank them wholeheartedly.   I watched it and loved it.  And yes, now I’m somewhat inspired to start a food blog.  Hmmmm…


So happy Wednesday everyone - I hope yours has been as rewarding as mine :)

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think :)